Everyday Georgia College students work hard to gain outside the classroom experience. Whether that means completing an internship, practicum, clinical, student teaching experience, service learning project or any other hands-on activity, we know that students put in many hours of work each week for the betterment of their education. Well, we want to award students for their hard work. For this very reason, the Instagram your Experience competition was created.
Instagram your Expeience is a competition that allows students to submit a picture of themselves from any of the hands-on experiences listed above, for the chance to win a Kindle.
There are two parts to this competition. First, a picture and short description of your experience must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org anytime between now and March 5 at 5 p.m. to qualify for the competition. Second, all the pictures will be uploaded to the Instagram your Experience event page on the morning of March 6 and the voting process will begin. The winner will be the person who receives the most “Likes” on their picture before the voting window closes on March 13 at 4 p.m. The winner of this competition will be annouced on March 13 once the competition has ended.
If you wish you tweet or instagram your photo please use the #GCExperience along with your description. However, if you do not have an Instagram or Twitter account no need to panic, emailing the picture still counts!
As with any competition there are a few rules and regulations:
- You must be a current Georgia College student to participate in Instagram your Experience.
- There needs to be at least 15 entries for the contest to be official.
- Once you have submitted your picture you must “Like” the GC Career Center page, in order to be tagged in your photo.
- Include your name, email address and phone number in your email.
- Include a brief description of what is happening in the picture and where and when it took place.
- The picture does not have to be in Instagram format to be accepted.
For more information or to ask questions please visit our Facebook page.
Good luck to all who participate and thank you for all your hard work!